****Update from our Uniform Supplier Initially Yours***** From 5/11/20
WE REMAIN OPEN FOR ONLINE ORDERS + CLICK AND COLLECT FROM BRANCHES
This is the same business model we have been successfully operating under since June this year. At that time, we made the decision to move all ordering online and stop the browsing/purchasing of garments at branch. Just to confirm:
- All uniform orders to be made online
- Our telephone lines and email addresses will all be fully manned and our staff are available to assist in any way they can
- All branches are open for Click & Collect of uniform orders
- Orders can be posted to home addresses if preferred
We would like to reassure you and your parents that we are very much “business as usual” during these difficult times
Initially Yours Ltd
Old Gloucester Road
Bristol BS16 1RP
Tel: 0117 9577999
211 Soundwell Road, Kingswood, Bristol BS15 1PT
Unit A4 Badminton Centre, Station Road, Yate, Bristol BS37 5HT
Yate Academy Uniform
A high standard of personal presentation will be expected of all our students at all times whilst at Yate Academy, below you will find details of uniform expectations for all our students.
The compulsory uniform for years 7-11 consists of the following
- Yate Academy School blazer
- Yate Academy tie
- Yate Academy tartan skirt (worn just on or below the knee) or formal tailored plain grey trousers that cover the shoe laces (see notes below for prohibited styles)
- Plain white cotton blouse/shirt with collar. This must be worn tucked in.
- Plain black formal shoes that can be polished to a shine (see notes below for prohibited styles)
Prohibited trouser styles include but are not limited to - tight, skinny fit, narrow fit, stretchy, low rise, chinos, jeans, drainpipe, Miss Sixty, linen, leggings or cropped styles (please see photos below).
Shoes & Socks
Examples of prohibited footwear includes but are not limited to – trainers or trainer type shoe of any sort, canvas shoes, VANS, suede shoes, military-style or UGG style boots, skate type, or any above the ankle shoes. Shoes must be void of any buckles or decoration.
Socks must be plain black, grey or white. Girls may wear plain black tights, no leggings.
One wrist watch, and one simple and plain gold or silver stud per ear lobe are the only items of jewellery accepted. Facial piercings of any kind, including transparent piercing retainers are prohibited. If parents wish for their children to have additional visible piercings this must be done with ample healing time so that the piercing can be removed during the school day.
Hair is to be of a natural colour and of only one colour. Long hair must be tied back for PE, Technology and Science lessons. We ask that parents make informed decisions with respect to hair styles worn during school breaks, and ensure that all students return to school with acceptable styles.
Makeup should be discreet and not noticeable. This includes foundation, lipstick, lip-gloss, mascara, blusher, eye shadow, eyeliner, brow liner and nail varnish (including false nails and false eyelashes). Students arriving in school wearing makeup, nail varnish or false nails will be asked to remove it.
- Hooded and other branded jumpers or tracksuit tops of any sort are not to be worn anywhere on the school premises.
- No additional jewellery may be worn or brought to school. The only exceptions are items of religious significance such as crosses, Stars of David, etc. (which should be on a long chain such that nothing is visible).
- The use of mobile phones/iPads and headphones is prohibited on school premises and such items must be kept out of sight and turned off. These will be confiscated if seen/heard.
- In cases where medical reasons require a modification to the uniform policy, notice on letter headed paper from a medical professional must be addressed to the Head detailing the reason.
- Notes from parents will not be accepted for missing/forgotten items of uniform or medical dispensations.
Acceptable footwear examples
Unacceptable Footwear examples
Acceptable and unacceptable trouser examples